Did you know that the Warren Land Conservation Trust, Inc. has an endowment at the Rhode Island Foundation? Our partnership with the Foundation gives us access to planned giving resources and professional endowment management.
Make an endowment contribution now
A gift in any amount to the WLCT Endowment Fund provides a contribution in perpetuity to the funds needed to operate the WLCT.
Making a gift from your will or trust is simple. A charitable bequest can be a specific dollar amount, a percentage of your estate, or what remains after other bequests are made.
Other options for planned giving include:
- Charitable remainder trusts Charitable remainder trusts appeal to donors with appreciated assets such as real estate or securities. They allow you to receive income (or provide income to another person) for life with the knowledge that the funds remaining when the trust terminates will be used to support our endowment.
- Charitable gift annuities Charitable gift annuities guarantee you (or someone you name) a certain fixed income for life. At the death of the last annuity recipient, assets will be used to support our endowment.
- Life insurance Life insurance can be used as a charitable asset, thereby enabling you to be eligible for a charitable tax deduction based on the current value of the paid-up policy. Or you can support our endowment by making it the beneficiary of part or all of the insurance proceeds.
- Retirement fund assets Donating retirement fund assets from qualified plans or IRAs, upon your passing, are ideal for charitable giving purposes because these assets are often heavily taxed. This option offers an opportunity to avoid income and estate tax.
- Qualified Charitable Distribution from IRA during lifetime For donors 70 ½ or older, annual lifetime distributions up to $100,000 directly from one’s IRA custodian to a public charity (some exclusions apply) are easy to do and those amounts can count toward the donor’s required minimum distribution without the donor having to claim income. Please contact us
for more information on eligibility.
Please contact Michael Gerhardt at email@example.com to discuss these or other planned gift options. A gift for the endowment may be made to Warren Land Conservation Trust, Inc. directly, with instruction that it be contributed to Warren Land Conservation Trust Endowment Fund at the Rhode Island Foundation. We look forward to working with you.
We do not provide legal or tax advice. Always consult your legal, tax, or financial advisor to assist with planned giving.